A.M.P. Radiation Oncology offers the Best in Technology
- HyperArc® Radiotherapy- HyperArc® is a new, state-of-the-art technique that allows radiation oncologists to treat patient’s cancer faster with greater accuracy and efficiency.
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy - Image-based external radiation therapy that can be completed in one to five days rather than several weeks.
- RapidArc® Radiotherapy - RapidArc® delivers uncompromised radiation treatment in two minutes or less. See the Technology Focus below
- IGRT - Image-guided radiation therapy that pinpoints a moving target.
- IMRT - Intensity-modulated radiation therapy which modulates the radiation dose to spare healthy tissue.
- Radiopharmaceutical (Molecular) Therapy- This technology targets cancer cells with a radioactive drug (radiopharmaceutical). Radiopharmaceuticals typically consist of a radioactive atom (also known as a radionuclide) combined with a cell-targeting molecule that seeks cancer cells. When the radiopharmaceutical binds to the target on the tumor cells, it brings the radiation directly to the tumor cells, no matter where they are located in the body, and treats the cancer.
A.M.P. Radiation Oncology - Technology Focus
HyperArc® and RapidArc® treatments are easier on the patient, who do not need to hold still for long periods of time. By reducing the time it takes to deliver precise forms of radiation therapy, these technologies improve the quality of care and of patient comfort. The chance of the cancer target moving outside the radiation beam is reduced allowing for more dose to the target and less dose to healthy structures.