Physician of the Year: Dr. Neil Mariados
Posted On: 11/2/2015 11:24 AM
Excellence In Health Care nominates & honors health care organizations and health care leaders in the CNY region.
2015 Event: Dr. Neil Mariados (left) accepting his award for Physician of the Year from Scott Brennan, Relationship Director for Bankers Healthcare Group (Presenting Sponsor for this event)
CATEGORY: PHYSICIAN OF THE YEAR
ASSOCIATED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS OF NY, PLLC
- Describe what it means to you to be honored with an Excellence in Health Care Award: It is with humility and gratitude that I accept this honor, says Mariados, a board-certified radiation oncologist. Without my trusted colleagues, the dedicated team, and our patients at Associated Medical Professionals of NY (A.M.P.), this would not be possible. This has been an amazing journey. As one of the founders of this practice, this award is a reminder to continue with vigilance of maintaining this path of excellence and continuing to bring the best of medicine to our community.
- What contribution has your organization made to the community? A.M.P. has partnered with ZERO-The End of Prostate Cancer to raise awareness and funds to be used both on a national and local level for education, testing & research. A.M.P. just held a prostate cancer screening in our Syracuse community to help those who are uninsured or underinsured. Each year A.M.P. gives back by sponsoring the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and sponsors and donates to several other local charities and events. A.M.P. has helped develop new products within our industry to become leaders and practice changers in the field to treat breast and prostate cancers. A.M.P.’s research division has a multitude of trials, which treat a variety of cancers.
- Provide some background and/or a description of your facility. Associated Medical Professionals of NY is a multi-specialty medical practice with our current focus on radiation oncology & urology. A.M.P. has 12 locations throughout Central New York in six different counties – one corporate office and 11 clinical locations.
- Describe a few initiatives or projects you are currently working on: A.M.P. continues to bring groundbreaking research studies to the community that are on par with the finest cancer centers in the country. We help develop products for the community in cooperation with industry and the NCI (National Cancer Institute).
- Describe any new technology that is being used at your facility: SpaceOar – a hydrogel used to decrease side effects for patients with prostate cancer. Xofigo – an isotope treatment currently indicated for metastatic prostate cancer. A.M.P. is currently conducting a study aimed towards metastatic breast cancer patients to determine the efficacy of Xofigo for these patients. Cutting-edge research is continually being conducted by our ever-growing research team for not only the patients of A.M.P., but also for all patients.